The 8th Kyujanggak Hanmun Workshop 2020
- The Kyujanggak Institute for Korean Studies will host its two-weeks intensive hanmun workshop this summer. This workshop is for graduate students, who have completed at least one year of classical Chinese course(s) and are interested in improving their reading comprehension of classical hanmun texts. Since classes will be conducted in Korean, students are expected to have at least intermediate-level proficiency in Korean. Due to the COVID-19 related situations, this year’s workshop is for students who are staying in Korea during the workshop period.
The workshop will last two weeks from July 6 to July 17, 2020. It consists of 2-hour long seminars in the afternnoon from Monday to Friday each week. The seminars mainly focus on the participants’ translation of hanmun texts either at an elementary level or an advanced level. Therefore, in addition to class hours, students will spend at least 10 hours a week in preparing the assigned translation of hanmun texts. Graduate students who want to read hanmun texts at a more advanced level for their research may request an interview with professors in a specific field.
To apply, please visit our website (http://icks.snu.ac.kr) and go to 'Online Application' -> 'Event Application' to find an application form. Fill in the online application form, upload your CV, and submit the completed form. Please ask your academic advisor to send a reference letter for you to email@example.com by email.
In order to apply, a reference letter is required.
Those who have participated in the Kyujanggak summer/hanmun workshops in the past three years are not eligible to apply.
- Registration Deadline : May 27, 2020 23:59(Korean Time)
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +82-2-880-9378 for more information
- The program is subject to change depending on the situations related to COVID-19.
- The program can be cancelled due to the shortage of applications.
Schedule of the hanmun workshop 2020 (Tentative)
| ||Monday 7/6 ||Tuesday 7/7 ||Wednesday 7/8 ||Thursday 7/9 ||Friday 7/10 |
|14:00-16:00 ||hanmun ||hanmun ||hanmun ||hanmun || hanmun |
| ||Monday 7/13 ||Tuesday 7/14 ||Wednesday 7/15 ||Thursday 7/16 ||Friday 7/17 |
|14:00-16:00 ||hanmun ||hanmun ||hanmun ||hanmun ||hanmun |
|16:00 ~ || || || || || completion |