Archive Travel Grant
- Any postgraduate researcher affiliated with an overseas research institution who plans to conduct research using the collection of the Kyujanggak Archive
- ※ A minimum of 30-day residence at Kyujanggak Institute for Korean
Studies (KIKS) is required.
- ※ Citizens or permanent residents of non-Korean countries are given preference in selection.
- ※ If the source materials that you need can also be found in institutions and libraries other than the Kyujanggak Archive, you are not eligible to apply for this grant.
- Travel grant of KRW 1 million
- Access to libraries
- Research space
- Administrative support
- Presentation: one presentation of research findings at the KIKS within the grant period
- Attendence: 2 visits a week at least to the Kyujanggak library
- Report on research results: one 10-page written report on the outcome of the fellowship research within a month from the conclusion of research
- Acknowledgement of support: citing the affiliation with the KIKS when publishing any work done during the fellowship period, and providing the International Center for Korean Studies (ICKS) with a printed copy of such publication
- Participation in events: active participation in academic events such as symposia, colloquia, book talks, and workshops hosted by the KIKS
- ※ Submission to the Seoul Journal of Korean Studies (Scopus & ESCI-indexed), published by the KIKS, is encouraged.
- Application Procedure
- How to apply:
① Submit an online application form through the ICKS website within the application period
② Have your letter of recommendation sent to the ICKS either by email or by post
- Documents required for application:
① Curriculum vitae
② Research proposal (approx. five A4 pages; research topic and methods must be specified)
③ Book list (please refer to http://kyu.snu.ac.kr)
④ Letter of recommendation
- ※ If using email, the recommender must send the letter to the ICKS(firstname.lastname@example.org). If using postal mail, the recommender must seal the envelop with his/her signature and send the letter to the ICKS (#451 Bldg.103 Kyujanggak Institute for Korean Studies, Seoul National University, 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 08826 Republic of Korea).
- Application period: year round
- Announcement of result: within 2 weeks of submission of application materials
- ※ For further information, please contact us at email@example.com (tel.+82-2-880-9378)