Overseas Research Grant
Overseas Research Grant for SNU Graduate Students (for the latter half of year 2020)
Kyujanggak Institute for Korean Studies is offering a research grant for graduate students of Seoul National University in the field of Korean studies in order to support their efforts to broaden their horizons as well as to promote academic exchanges among new generations of Korean studies researchers. ※ The Korean language text shall prevail over any other language version thereof.
- Graduate student registered at Seoul National University who conducts a research in Korean studies outside Korea, investigates research trends of overseas Koreanists, or collect overseas source materials for Korean studies related to their PhD dissertation
- Grant period: 6 months, from September 2020
- Grant: monthly stipends approximately 1,000,000 KRW to 2,000,000 KRW for 6 months
- ※ Preferences will be given to the countries based on the country class chart on the SNU travel expense rule.
- (Tentative) Asia 1,000,000 - 1,500,000 KRW / Middle East and Africa 1,000,000 - 2,000,000 KRW / America, Europe and Oceania 1,500,000 - 2,000,000 KRW
- ※ Early termination of the grant period requires the submission of a written statement of reasons for early termination and the return of the grant received for the remaining period. The statement of reasons must be confirmed by the grantee's academic advisor.
- Research Methods and Submission of Documents
- The applicant must research with the abroad institution or professor under the supervision of SNU professor.
- The applicant must stay at the proposed research country.
- The applicant must arrange the specific details of his/her research abroad. The ICKS does not support language class.
- The grantee must submit the following documents to Kyujanggak.
Report of research start (Form 3)
Interim Progress Report of research (Form 4)
Final Report of research (Form 5)
- How to apply
- Please send all relevant documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Required documents for application
Application for Overseas Research Grant for SNU Grad Students (Form 1)
Letter of oath (Form 2)
Certificate of enrollment in a Ph.D. degree program (or certificate of completion of a Ph.D. degree program)
Certificate of Foreign Language Capacity (English or the language of the proposed research country)
Certificate of Health Insurance Payment for the year 2019 건강보험료 납부 확인서
Certificate of Local Tax Payment for the year 2019 지방세 세목별 과세증명서
Letter of recommendation from the academic advisor
- ※ The reference letter must include the reasons why a research abroad is necessary for the applicant's project.
- Application timeline
- Accepting applications: June 4, 2020 ~ June 14, 2020 24:00
- Announcement of result: June 19, 2020 (individually by email)
- ※ The announcement time is subject to change.
- For more information, please contact the International Center for Korean Studies(02-880-9378 / email@example.com)