- ※ Application for this position in the fellowship program is not open for the latter half of year 2021.
- Any post-doctoral researcher affiliated with an overseas research institution who is working on topics related to Korean studies (preferably using the Kyujanggak Archive materials)
- ※ A minimum of six-month residence at the KIKS is required.
- Eligibility for on-campus housing
- ※ All housing-related expenses are the applicant’s responsibility. The ICKS facilitates application for the BK Residence Halls at SNU. Placement is not guaranteed.
- ※ If you or your spouse own real estate in Seoul, you are not eligible to apply.
- ※ Only your legal spouse and child(ren) are permitted to reside with you in the BK Residence Halls.
- Access to libraries
- Research space
- Administrative support (※ Insurance is the applicant's responsibility.)
- Position & Period of Appointment
- Kyujanggak visiting scholars will be appointed as visiting researchers of SNU.
- The term of appointment will be between 6 months and 1 year, and may begin from March 1, 2021 at the earliest.
- ※ The fellowship period must begin on the first day of a month, in compliance with the appointment schedule of SNU.
- ※ Upon being selected, visiting scholars must confirm their fellowship period to the ICKS and set their dates of entry to and exit from Korea.
- ※ The fellowship appointment may be cancelled if a visiting scholar disregards his/her confirmed fellowship schedule by adjusting it arbitrarily without prior consultation with the ICKS.
- ※ The term of appointment cannot be extended. Exceptions will be made for those supported by the NRF funding.
- Presentation: one presentation of research findings at a Kyujanggak colloquium every six months
- Report on research results: one 10-page written report on the outcome of the fellowship research within a month from the conclusion of the fellowship
- Acknowledgement of support: citing the affiliation with the KIKS when publishing any work done during the fellowship period, and providing the ICKS with a printed copy of such publication
- Participation in events: active participation in academic events such as symposia, colloquia, book talks, and workshops hosted by the KIKS, and full cooperation in ICKS affairs (upon request and limited to 5% of the fellowship period)
- Residency requirement: The total length of stay outside Korea during the fellowship period may not exceed 30 days. A pre-departure consultation with the ICKS about the destination, duration, and purpose of stay outside Korea is required.
- ※ Submission of a research article to the Seoul Journal of Korean Studies (SCOPUS & ESCI-indexed), published by the KIKS is strongly encouraged.
- Application Procedure
- How to apply:
Submit an online application form through the ICKS website within the application period
- Documents required for application:
① curriculum vitae
② research proposal (approx. 5 A4 pages; research topic and methods must be specified)
- Application for this position is not open for the latter half of year 2021.
- ※ For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (tel. +82-2-880-9378)