- Any graduate student enrolled in an overseas university with a research focus on Korean studies (preferably using the Kyujanggak Archive materials)
- ※ A minimum of six-month residence at Kyujanggak Institute for Korean Studies (KIKS) is required.
- Access to libraries
- Research space
- Administrative support (Insurance is the applicant’s responsibility)
- Period of Appointment
- The term of appointment will between 6 months and 1 year, and may begin from March 1, 2022 at the earliest.
- ※ Upon being selected, visiting students must confirm their fellowship period to the International Center for Korean Studies (ICKS) and set their dates of entry to and exit from Korea.
- ※ The fellowship appointment may be cancelled if a visiting student disregards his/her confirmed fellowship schedule by adjusting it arbitrarily without prior consultation with the ICKS.
- ※ The term of appointment can be extended, upon application and review by the KIKS committee, once for up to 12 months.
- Presentation: one presentation of research findings at the KIKS every six months
- Report on research results: one 10-page written report on the outcome of the fellowship research within a month from the conclusion of the fellowship
- Acknowledgement of support: citing the affiliation with the KIKS when publishing any work done during the fellowship period, and providing the ICKS with a printed copy of such publication
- Participation in events: active participation in academic events such as symposia, colloquia, book talks, and workshops hosted by the KIKS, and full cooperation in ICKS affairs (upon request and limited to 5% of the fellowship period)
- Residency requirement: The total length of stay outside Korea during the fellowship period may not exceed 30 days. A pre-departure consultation with the ICKS about the destination, duration, and purpose of stay outside Korea is required.
- ※ Submission of a research article to the Seoul Journal of Korean Studies (SCOPUS & ESCI-indexed), published by the KIKS, is strongly encouraged.
- Application Procedure
- How to apply:
① Submit an online application form through the ICKS website within the application period
② Have your letters of recommendation sent to the ICKS either by email or by post within the application period
- Documents required for application:
① Curriculum vitae
② Research proposal (approx. 5 pages; research topic and methods must be specified)
③ Sample research (approx. 10 pages)
④ Two letters of recommendation (one from the applicant’s current academic supervisor, the other from a Seoul National University faculty who will supervise the fellowship research)
- ※ If using email, the recommenders must send the letters to the ICKS(email@example.com). If using postal mail, the recommenders must seal the envelops with their signatures and send the letters to the ICKS (#451 Bldg.103 Kyujanggak Institute for Korean Studies, Seoul National University, 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 08826 Republic of Korea)
- Application due date: November 30, 2021 9AM(Korean Time, GMT+9)
- Announcement of result: by December 15, 2021 via email
- ※ For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (tel. +82-2-880-9378)